Wednesday 5 March 2014

Juba: An Unforgettable Christmas.

I spend my very first Christmas in South Sudan and it wasn't what I had expected it to be... in fact it wasn't what pretty much everyone there was planning for it to be.

The conflict broke out on the 15th of December, ten days before Christmas Day. Lives transformed up and down the country. Lives transformed outside of the country too, as family members abroad had to worry about the safety of their relatives.

I remained in South Sudan; I didn't leave via evacuation by the Dutch embassy.

On Christmas Day, journalist and filmmaker Sam Lukudu of SK Productions South Sudan, interviewed me about my very first Christmas time in Juba, South Sudan.

This mini-documentary explores the different people who have been affected by the conflict in South Sudan and how that impacted their Christmas.