Tuesday 28 January 2014

Meeting Mid-Flight: Jelani Girls.

On my flight from London to Cairo I sat to this wonderful woman from Georgia USA.

The five or so hours' flight flew by (pun?) because we talked, talked and talked and got to know each other.

She set up a non-profit around the Summer of 2013, known as Jelani Girls (Jelani means greatness in Swahili). With the non-profit, she uses a mentorship based program to enrich girls in different areas of their lives.

She shared her experiences with setting up the non-profit, the girls she has met, the opportunities she has offered and what is in store for Jelani Girls in 2014.

She was actually on her way from the US to Ghana, where she did a Jelani Girls Christmas mission.

I'm glad I met her and that I am remaining in touch with her. It's always nice to meet inspiring people doing extraordinary things.