Saturday 9 November 2013

I'm an INTJ.

It's one of those days after a six day working week and I'm lying in bed, physically exhausted, mentally drained and feeling like life has sucked itself out of me.

I get a lot of dips in confidence, especially concerning my personality.

I have recently discovered ( thanks to an analysis by a dear friend and even through my own research) that I have an INTJ personality type (introversion, intuition, thinking, judgment).

What is an INTJ?

According to 16Personalities:
  • It's one of the most rarest and interesting personality types. 
  • They are seen as highly intelligent and perplexingly mysterious.  
  • They radiate self-confidence, relying on their huge archive of knowledge spanning many different topics and areas. 
  • They are considered as the most independent personality type. 
  • They are decisive, original and insightful. 
  • They do not seek or enjoy the spotlight
  • They often keep opinions to themselves if the topic of discussion does not interest them that much.  
  • They are natural leaders and excellent strategists
  • They dislike rules and artificial limitations – everything should be questionable and open to re-evaluation.
  • They find it very difficult to handle romantic relationships, especially in their earliest stages.
  • They are very good at improving their knowledge of (often diverse) topics and fields that interest them. 
  • They excel at being able to analyze anything that life throws at them, uncovering the underlying methodology and then applying it in practice. 
  • INTJs are very good at improving their knowledge of (often diverse) topics and fields that interest them. They take pleasure in tackling intellectual challenges and their natural curiosity pushes them forward as well.
  •  INTJ personalities can be very patient and dedicated if something excites or intrigues them. They will work hard to achieve their goals, often ignoring everything else.
  • INTJs are very good strategic thinkers, often using this strength to devise multiple contingency plans in both professional and personal situations.
  • INTJ personalities do not mind being proven wrong and enjoy being exposed to something they were not familiar with.
  • INTJ personalities loathe inefficiency and imperfection, trying very hard to iron out all the flaws and analyse all possibilities – if left unchecked, this trait can easily become a weakness, slowing down their work quite significantly and frustrating people around the INTJ.
  • INTJs tend to believe that everything can be analysed, even things that are not necessarily rational – e.g. human relationships. 
  • INTJ personalities often pride themselves in being brutally honest and logical.
Famous INTJs (fictional or not) include: 
  • Karl Marx
  • Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mark Zuckerberg
  • Jane Austen
  • Nikola Tesla
  • Dr House 
I suppose this explains why I can get obsessed with certain tasks, why I like to plan ahead and why I snap when I'm interrupted while doing something... not to mention, I love to learn and I am open to learning new things! 

Of course, a personality type isn't just all that you are, everyone is diversified due to personal experiences and environmental factors, but of course, I think it's definitely the basis of my personality.