So I kind of discussed this before in some other blog post.
It's now past mid-September and I am just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for October to reach so that I know all of my plans for certain. October is also when I will book my (
ONE-WAY?) ticket home!
I have already compiled a list of things I am planning to do:
- Taking pictures! Will be taking photos of landscape, living creatures and architecture. It'll be so much fun.
- Visiting relatives. I have relatives galore in Nairobi, Kampala and Juba. And I'm not even mentioning the village. It'll be so nice to meet up with them all.
- Work related stuff. So I'll be working for Talk of Juba (I'm one of the writers/co-founders) when I'm out there; finding stories and whatnot. I will also work on other things... either way, I won't be doing nothing!
- Living life. I'm going to relax, travel, hike, exercise, whatever else I could do in Africa.
- Whatever comes up. I'm happy to try something new. Who knows what I will encounter? What I will start doing? Whatever happens, happens.
Many I've encountered have warned me not to have high expectations. I'm going with no expectations. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm open to what I will experience... I'm giving Africa a chance.