Friday 20 September 2013

My Excitement About Africa + Plans!

So I kind of discussed this before in some other blog post.

It's now past mid-September and I am just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for October to reach so that I know all of my plans for certain. October is also when I will book my (ONE-WAY?) ticket home! 

I have already compiled a list of things I am planning to do:
  • Taking pictures! Will be taking photos of landscape, living creatures and architecture. It'll be so much fun.
  • Visiting relatives. I have relatives galore in Nairobi, Kampala and Juba. And I'm not even mentioning the village. It'll be so nice to meet up with them all.
  • Work related stuff. So I'll be working for Talk of Juba (I'm one of the writers/co-founders) when I'm out there; finding stories and whatnot. I will also work on other things... either way, I won't be doing nothing! 
  • Living life. I'm going to relax, travel, hike, exercise, whatever else I could do in Africa.
  • Whatever comes up. I'm happy to try something new. Who knows what I will encounter? What I will start doing? Whatever happens, happens.
Many I've encountered have warned me not to have high expectations. I'm going with no expectations. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm open to what I will experience... I'm giving Africa a chance.