Thursday 13 June 2013

Father's Day is for Fathers and Mother's Day is for Mothers.

So Mother's Day is not enough anymore? 

Mother's and Father's Day online statuses usually go a bit like this:

Happy Father's Day to my Mother, she's been a mum and a dad to me when my dad weren't there for us because he is deadbeat. Thanks mum for playing both roles, I love you <3<3<3
Happy Mother's Day to my dad. He stepped up to the plate when my mum couldn't and I will always love and appreciate you for that.

Now honouring your mother and your father is the least you could do for them considering the things they've done for you (keep in mind I'm talking about parents who actually take their roles very seriously).

However, I can't help but be quite irritated and perhaps borderline vex when people hijack one of the days for parents of the opposite gender. 

If you have a parent who deserves to be honoured, honour them on the day that was assigned to them. If not, let it go and keep it moving.

Each day (Mother's and Father's Day) is designated to the Mother and the Father and if they fit the bill of being a good parent that deserves to be honoured, they deserve to be honoured on their day.

If you don't have a productive parent, then honour your mother and father figures on those days... if not you can always honour great parents that you know.

That. Is. All.